The Auction System is a feature allowing high-priced items to be auctioned via an in-game system, versus offline or chat negotiating. Due to the high fees and somewhat high minimum bid amounts, the system has proven to be unpopular, seeing almost no use on iRO. Auction Houses can be found in the following locations:
Each Auction Hall and the auctions in it is separate from all of the rest. For example, items being auctioned in the Prontera Hall will not show up in the Lighthalzen hall.
- There is no cost to enter an auction hall.
- There is no obligation to bid on or buy anything once inside the hall.
- Auctions last a maximum of 72 hours.
- There is a fee of 12k/hr for auctioning an item. This means the system charges 864,000 zeny for a 72-hour auction.
- Minimum price for any item is 10,000,000 Zeny.
- Maximum price for any item is 990,000,000 Zeny.
- Special items such as Wedding Rings, The Sign, and others that cannot otherwise be transferred in any way between characters or accounts cannot be auctioned.
- You cannot bid on your own items.
- Once an item is put up for auction it cannot be taken down until the time runs out or someone buys it with the "Buy it Now" price.
- Items won in auctions are mailed to the winners through the mailing system.
- Items with no bids will be mailed back to the seller.
- Items can be searched for in the menu using the item name or bid number (?).
- Items are divided by type in the auction menu: Armor, Weaponry, Cards, or Misc.