Magnum Break requires 30 SP at all levels as well as an insignificant portion of HP to use. It is an instant fire-property AoE skill, dealing damage in a 5x5 cell area around the caster, and pushing enemies back 2 cells. It adds ATK as well as accuracy. This skill is also a self buff, adding 20% damage after it is cast to all attacks in Fire property for ten seconds.
|| HP Cost
|| Accuracy Bonus
- It is a common misconception that Magnum Break endows weapons with the Fire property during its ten second after-use buff. Magnum Break in actuality adds damage: an additional 20% damage that is of Fire property is gained on top of all normal attacks for ten seconds.
- Magnum Break level 3 can be obtained by equipping an accessory slotted with a Marine Sphere Card.
- Status effects from cards and weapons can be transfered through Magnum Break.
- There is no push-back during WoE.
- The added damage in Fire element ignores defense. It is also calculated into every hit of Magnum Break (at level 10, Magnum Break will do (250% + (20% x 250%)) = 300% damage, but 1/6th of that damage will be of Fire property and bypass defense).
- The Cast Delay is affected by Magic Strings.
- Other classes without an AoE used to be able to level with Magnum Break accessories, however this is no longer effective.
- The 10 second Magnum Break buff can be used to slowly kill away ghost 2, 3, or 4 property monsters when one forgets an elemental weapon (only the Fire buff - 20% damage - will be dealt per hit; the normal property aspect of the attack will do 0 damage and miss).
- Few Swordsmen use this skill as an AoE levelling tool, such as how Bowling Bash, Brandish Spear, or Grand Cross are used. This skill is not recommended for the purpose of clearing out mobs of monsters.
- Magnum Break is useful for pushing players out of Pneuma, as it position bugs them, unlike Bowling Bash or Brandish Spear, making it difficult for them to re-Pneuma. This is helpful for aiding long-range party members, or following up with an attack such as Clashing Spiral or Acid Bomb.
- The Magnum Break buff is NOT an effective tool for bypassing Ghostring carded armor if your weapon is of Neutral element: it will add very little damage. Aspersio, scrolls, endows, Enchant Poison, or Cursed Water are far better methods.
- Because statuses from cards or weapons can be transferred through Magnum Break, this skill can be a means of inflicting many players at once with statuses. While Brandish Spear has more range and thereby can inflict more people with statuses in precast lines, Mail Breakers and Sword Breakers can be used with Magnum Break. Although, Bowling Bash can also have more range when its "bowling" effect works.
- Many Priests or other classes also use Magnum Break in either PvP or WoE to inflict statuses, such as with a Wrench.